Directions & Parking
The cities of South Bend and Mishawaka are located in St. Joseph County, Indiana. St. Joseph County is located in the center of Northern Indiana, the Michigan Border is to the North, Laporte County borders the west and Elkhart County borders the east. The area is popularly known as “Michiana”. “Michiana” Area encompassing 10 counties has a population of approximately one million . To be precise, St. Joseph County is located 100 miles east of Chicago, 5 miles south of Michigan/Indiana Border, 138 miles north of Indianapolis, and 80 miles west of the Ohio/Indiana border. The Morris Performing Arts Center is located in the center of South Bend, accessed by Business 31/33.
- Distance from Major Cities
- Chicago, IL – West 100 miles / 1.5hrs away
- Indianapolis, IN – South 138 miles / 2.5 hrs away
- Toledo, OH – East 156 miles / 3 hours away
- Detroit, MI – NorthEast 3.5 miles / 3.5 hours away
- Access from Regional Highways
- Ind. 80/90 Toll Road
- State Rd. 2
- State Rd. 23
- U.S. 31/3
- U.S. 20
- Access from AirportsSouth Bend International Airport is located 3 miles from downtown South Bend. At the present time, there are more than 100 scheduled daily flights, and the airport serves 10 airlines. In addition, the Chicago South Shore Railroad boards and departs daily from the terminal, and two bus lines are operated out of the airport as well. Five rental car agencies are located in the terminal. Chicago’s O’Hare Airport is approximately a 1-1/2 hours drive west.
Parking at the Morris Performing Arts Center
Convenient parking at the public garage on the corner of Main and Colfax, and at the DoubleTree by Hilton/1st Source Bank Complex. Parking is also available on the streets within walking distance of the Morris and also at the Leighton Center on Washington Street between Main and Michigan Streets. Please note: The surface parking lots immediately to the north of the Morris Performing Arts Center are private lots. No public parking is permitted in the Hoffman or LaSalle Building lots. Vehicles risk being towed.